Are you wondering what caused those long vertical lines on the screen of your iPhone?
The very common reason for these lines is dropping off your phone accidentally from a height. Apart from this, there are many other reasons to guess for finding the right solution. But the point here is that this problem is a common one amongst iPhone users. These vertical lines are an indication that your phone needs to be repaired before it gets worse.
So, in this article, let us talk about how you can fix this problem by yourself!
- Restart Your iPhone
At times, this problem can be due to a software glitch. Hence, removing this bug is the best thing to begin with, which means restarting your phone. Being an iPhone owner, hope that I do not need to tell you how to restart your phone. Try it yourself and see if this works or not.
- Consider a Factory Reset
As the name suggests, you are going to be returning your phone to its original state. You must always back up your phone’s content using iCloud or iTunes before doing this step.
- Put it in DFU Mode
You may also try putting your phone in DFU mode to get rid of those annoying lines on the screen. DFU is an abbreviation for Device Firmware Update mode. It is the most extensive form of iPhone restores, and it is used as a final resort for software difficulties.
- Attach your iPhone to your laptop via a USB cable.
- Hold down the Wake/Sleep button along with the Home button in iPhone 6. If you own an iPhone 7, then press the Volume down button.
- Release the Sleep/Wake button after a few seconds. However, you should keep the Home or Volume Down button pressed.
- iTunes will display a notification stating, “iTunes has discovered an iPhone in recovery mode.”
- When you see it, release the Home or Volume Down button. If you successfully entered DFU mode, the phone’s display would go completely black.
- Now, use iTunes to restore your phone and check to see whether the lines have disappeared.
In case you have an iPhone Xs series, then you need to do the following:
- Attach the phone to the laptop using USB.
- Press and release the Volume Up button.
- Press and then again release the Volume Down button.
- Hold down the side button till the screen becomes black.
- While still holding the Side button, press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Release the Side button after a few seconds, but keep pressing the Volume Down button.
- iTunes will recognize your iPhone. Release the Volume button. Your phone must be in DFU mode.
- Screen Repair Options
If the lines on your iPhone screen result from a hardware issue, better go for screen repair options. The vertical lines on your iPhone’s display are usually an indication that the LCD cable is no longer attached to the logic board.
To tackle this issue, you need to get an appointment at your local Apple Store, specifically if an AppleCare+ Protection Plan covers your iPhone to date. The professionals can help you resolve the vertical lines issue on your iPhone within an hour!
I hope that this article would help you repair your iPhone or locate a repair service that will allow you to get its display repaired as soon as possible. Make sure to post your questions in the comment section, if any. Will get back to you soon!